A 25% deposit is payable on each reservation. Payment of the deposit confirms that you accept our terms and conditions.
The final balance is due 8 weeks before the start of the let.
Neither the deposit or balance of payment are refundable or transferable in the event of cancellation by a guest so we strongly advise that you take out adequate travel insurance to cover cancellation. We do however have a special policy regarding Covid-19. Please see our detailed terms and conditions below (point 5)
In the case of The White House, there is a damage deposit of £500.The damage deposit for Riverside House is £400. This should be sent by bank transfer a minimum of two weeks before the let (holding account details will be provided at time of balance payment) The deposit will be held and returned by bank transfer within 7 days of the end of the let as long as there are no significant breakages or damages to the property.
One well behaved dog is welcome by arrangement at each of the properties at an additional cost of £25 per week. We ask that you do not go out and leave your dog unattended.
The deposit and balance payments are to be made by bank transfer. When you confirm your booking with us you will receive an deposit invoice with our details.
The damage deposit cheque which is due with the final balance is to be sent to
The White House of Aros
Isle of Mull
Please do note that the White House and Boathouse are accessed by almost a kilometre of unmettalled road. The intial 200 yards of road to the main property gates is steep and bumpy. Riverside House is just inside these gates. The remaining road to the White House and Boathouse is flat and alongside the waters edge.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
1. Period of Let. The Let will commence at 5.30pm on day of arrival and will terminate at 9.30am on day of departure. The property is let for holiday purposes only and only to the persons named on the booking form.
2. We operate a strict “no smoking” policy in all our properties, this includes the use of e-cigarettes.
3. Booking and Payment. A booking is accepted following completion of the booking form by the guest and subsequent confirmation of availability by White House Lettings. The booking will be held for 48 hours pending payment of the deposit by bank transfer. If the deposit is not received in this time, the confirmation of availability no longer stands. The balance of the charge shall be payable 8 weeks before the commencement of the letting period. If the balance is not received by this date, Luxury Mull / White House Lettings will be entitled to re-let the property and the deposit will be forfeited by the Client.
4. For bookings made less than 8 weeks in advance, full payment is required at the time of booking. Once the booking is confirmed by Luxury Mull / White House Lettings the Client is responsible for the full hire charge by Bank Transfer.
5. Cancellations. Bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable except in exceptional circumstances. We strongly recommend that guests take out a travel insurance policy that covers cancellation by the guest. A special policy applies to Covid 19 pandemic. Bookings affected by a National lockdown, a localised lockdown affecting The Isle of Mull or a localised lockdown affecting the home postcode of the guest will be refunded in full if the imposed restrictions affect part or all of the duration of the booking.
6. Availability. If the property cannot be made available for the period booked due to events beyond the Owners’ control and the Owners are forced to cancel the booking, the hire charge will be refunded in full and the Client will have no further claim against Luxury Mull / White House Lettings.
7. Services. Electricity, heating, bed linen and towels are included in the hire charge.
8. Number of Persons using the Property. The number of persons occupying the property should not exceed 4 in the Boathouse, 6 in Riverside House and 8 in the Whitehouse. Subletting is strictly prohibited.
9. Complaints and Problems. Should there be any problem or cause for complaint during or after the letting period, please contact Carl or Jaqqi at Gardener’s Cottage adjacent to the main Whitehouse in the first instance. They will endeavour to rectify the problem.
10. Breakages or Damage. For the benefit of the next guests staying in the property, please advise us of any breakages or damage that occurs during your stay. Accidents do happen and we do not charge for minor breakages or damage which occur as a result of normal use but reserve the right to charge reasonable payment for breakages or damage which occur as a result of reckless or deliberate misuse. Any missing items must be paid for in full. A charge may be levied to cover any breakages and/or damages.
11. Care of Property. It is the Client’s responsibility to take reasonable and proper care of the property, its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in and around the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair as they found them on arrival. In exceptional circumstances, additional cleaning charges will be imposed depending on the state of the property at the end of the letting period. It is also the responsibility of the Client to ensure the property is left secure at all times when it is unoccupied during the period of let.
12. Injury, Loss or Damage. The use of the property and its equipment is entirely at the Client’s risk. Luxury Mull / White House Lettings does not accept responsibility for injury sustained by the Client and/or a member of his or her party, nor for loss or damage to their belongings including motor vehicles.
13. Right of Entry. Luxury Mull / White House Lettings reserves the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out essential repairs, cleaning and maintenance.
14. Contract of Hire. This Contract of Hire is between the Client and the Luxury Mull / White House Lettings, the owners of the property.
Please note that by making a booking by email or telephone with the deposit/hire charge paid, you have accepted these terms and conditions. You must ensure that ALL members of your party understand and comply with these terms and conditions. A legally binding contract has been entered into. Luxury Mull / White House Lettings reserves the right to demand the immediate departure of any guests who fail to comply with these Terms & Conditions and for conduct deemed to be detrimental to the property.
All the information on our literature and website is believed to be correct but we cannot accept liability for losses arising from any unforeseen changes, errors or misunderstandings and we reserve the right to alter or amend the facilities we offer.